Replacing the IR-block filter of a Canon EOS 50D
A photo series only, but it should show all basic inside components. For this conversion we used a made to measure Astronomik.de MC-Clear filter that goes in the slot of the original dust shaker while both the dust filter and the extra IR-block filter are removed. Whith this filter it is not needed to adjust the focus at all, some final fine tuning can be done using the focus micro adjustment for each lens.
- remove the Back and side panel
- unsolder the metal shield
- undo all ribbon cables and ohter connectors (there are lots again)
- unscrew and lift out the main circuit board
- Loosen the three screws on the sensor and lift the sensor out
- Replace the filter and put back together again